Cranberry Raspberry Galette
Need an easy but showstopping holiday dessert? Make a galette. This free-form, open-face pie provides a less stressful alternative to decorating a double-crust pie. Our version is brimming with bright color, thanks to tart cranberries and raspberries. Top with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
Makes one 8-inch galette
- 1 (10-oz) bag 365 Everyday Value Organic Frozen Cranberries
- 1 (10-oz) bag 365 Everyday Value Organic Frozen Raspberries
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 12-inch round chilled pie dough
- ½ cup shelled pistachios, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a bowl, combine cranberries, raspberries, tapioca flour, lemon zest, granulated sugar and salt. Stir well.
Place dough round on parchment-lined baking sheet and top with pistachios, leaving a 2-inch border around the edge. Arrange fruit over pistachios and dot with butter. Fold border over the fruit, pleating as you go. Brush crust with cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
Bake 30–35 minutes until deep golden-brown. Cool on rack 20 minutes before serving.