Keto-Friendly Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sausage
This easy side dish packs big flavor with just a few ingredients. It’s a terrific gluten-free, keto-friendly choice for holiday meals.
- 1 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise if large
- 3/4 pound bulk pork or turkey sausage (Italian, sage, country or breakfast)
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs (any combination of parsley, sage, chives and oregano)
Preheat the oven to 400˚F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, combine Brussels sprouts, sausage and salt and mix well, breaking up clumps of sausage. Roast, stirring every 10 minutes, until sausage is browned and cooked through and sprouts are tender and crisped on the outside, about 40 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and top with pecans and herbs.