Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
A combination of flavorful cheeses and tangy sour cream takes these mashed potatoes to the next level. Rich and creamy, they will add a decadent flair to your holiday meal.
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup finely grated Le Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
Drain potatoes and return to the pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until potatoes have dried out and most of the steam is gone, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pot from heat. Press potatoes through a potato ricer or food mill, or mash potatoes with an old-fashioned potato masher or large fork until desired texture. Add Gruyère, parmesan, sour cream, salt and pepper, and stir until well combined.